Thursday, September 25, 2008

lame excuses

we bangladeshis have the propensity to make lame excuses in every matter. This or that did not happen? It's not my fault; somebody else's. I am so an so. How can I walk a mile. So a rickshaw is essential. I can't afford to put my building materials inside my compound; so I keep it on the road. I don't care what others feel about it. I won't take the foot overbridge or underpass. Why? Just I don't want to trouble my legs.

These are all excuses all the public and private bodies are prompt to make without the least care if others are facing troubles with this. For the suffocating traffic jam in Dhaka city, the DCC, the police, the BRTA, the Directorate of Environment blame one another. The Mayor wants a city government. How funny! He has almost failed to manage the few hundred staff of his office and he demands for city government. The cronic disease of us is to avoid responsibility of the self and leaving it on others' shoulders. This at least can't help any nation build itself. Here all business is nobody's business. Even the men in power and position are apt to shift the burden of their own on somebody or some bodies though they do not hesitate to enjoy the benefits of their power & position. God knows when we shall have the courage to shoulder responsibilities.

1 comment:

sarrdarsali said...

Has this blog not been viewed by anyone? Strange! Should I think people have been so insensitive and knave? Woe with us Bangladeshis!!